Friday, August 26, 2011

A Variety of Wildlife

Aphids--if you have milkweed, you will have aphids.
(click to enlarge each photo)




One of my unknowns, but he is very interesting.

Juvenile Ladybug - apologize for poor quality,
but everyone should learn to recognize these important insects.


Bee on Plumeria leaf.



Juvenile Grasshoppers--they won't be nearly so cute when they become adults.


Hummingbird Moth nectaring on Pentas.

Honey Bee inside Obedient Plant (a feeding orgy).

Small Gecko showing his colors.

In many ways my garden is a microcosm of the world.  It includes soil, water, rocks, plants, and a myriad of creatures.  Although caterpillars, butterflies, and birds are my favorites, I am continually amazed at the diversity of life.  When taking pictures, I sometimes get a bonus.  Mostly I don’t know the names of these critters, but that doesn’t decrease my pleasure in finding them.  I hope you will enjoy them too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment